Tuesday, July 9, 2013

More Drugs Really? and apparently I dream too much!




It looks like I will have to go on another drug to try and get my autoimmune disorder under control.  Funny thing is that the drug is also used for cancer although at a higher dose than what I will be on.  Before I can take the drug I will get a Full CT scan with contrast on August 1st, if my cancer is still in check my ONC will give my Rheumatologist the green light to start Methotrexate, if the cancer is back than I will most likely go back on Abraxane.  So basically either way I will be taking a chemo drug at least the methotrexate is a pill and will be in a very low dose. 


Hopefully this drug will get the inflammation undercontrol, the prednisone helped to regulate my temperature control and helped the joints but did nothing to the inflammation in my hands and feet the reason I was put on the drug.   Basically my “quality of life” as the doctors put it hasn’t been going very well with my out of control immune system attacking all my healthy cells.   I have had to limit my activities and work trying to get my body back into sync.  Yeah about the closest I have gotten to an eight hour shift was yesterday, doc said I looked better, yeah because I barley do anything and it’s a Tuesday meaning I sleep all weekend and took a nap yesterday which is probably why I couldn’t sleep last night.

For some reason my body isn’t much interested in normal hours and just acts plane crazy from day to day.  One day everything “a o’kay” than BAM the anvil falls on the coyote head again the next.   And to top it off apparently according to the Brain Doctors “Neurology” I dream too much…..REALLY?   
Oh and apparently they are not supposed to be vivid 3D like I have…... Well at least we have already established I am not normal.  As usual I had my ONC pull the report up and according to the notes beside the fact I dream too much, that I will have to take ANOTHER DRUG to limit my dreams because I am spending too much time dreaming and not sleeping or as the “neurologist” put it I am not advancing to deep sleep…At least I now know why I feel like I have done a marathon when I wake up considering my dreams involve flying, running, escaping aliens, blowing up shit, etc.  

No comments:

Post a Comment