Thursday, May 30, 2013

Trying to figure out the new reality



Trying to figure out exactly what is causing my RA (rheumatoid arthritis) to flare cause I would love to use my left hand damn thing hurts like a bitch even the oxy doesn’t work.  On the flip side all the other joints have been fixed with the Prednisone that was hurting before the hands decided to join in with the fun.   Sleep has gotten better I can actually fall asleep since the pain is in check still fatigued but not as much, basically for the last 5 months I have been groggy and very sleepy.   It wasn’t till my hands that sealed the deal that we could no longer hold off on the steroids.   What I didn’t know was that my platelet counts has been on a downward slide, thinking back the last time it was low is when they figured out I had Sjorgens. 

I think I may need to start asking for copies of my blood work, definitely want to get some copies of my scans, for fun so I can make thank you cards and funny presents for people.   Got a much needed Target Card last week, it paid for the majority of my meds for the month of June.  I just wiped it today when I picked up three bottles for $99. 

Just looking at my calendar and at the appointments I need to add, way too many appointments, also just scheduled my vacation, haven’t finalized exactly what I am doing just the dates.  It takes a lot more planning for any trip due to the amount of energy it acquires and the fact I am low on that.  Something that is trivial or simple like grocery shopping can wipe out someone with an autoimmune disorder.  We have to plan our day, our week are month around so as not to overdo and exhausted one.  This I have yet to learn that I can do what I did before cancer, a simple thing like being outside all day working can mean sleeping 15 hours the next day.  Although I will have to admit that I didn’t sleep on Thursday and Friday had maybe 4 hours which attributed to being totally wiped out Sunday.   I guess I am still trying to leave somewhat in denial land about the fact I have several chronic diseases that can’t be cured only treated as they flare and as the cancer spreads.    

I don’t really have much of choice know but to figure out what the new reality is……………………………….

No comments:

Post a Comment