Friday, May 24, 2013

Good and the Bad


I can't put in words the night and day difference the predisone has done.  To be honest I haven't been this free of pain since my diagnose in 2008.  It really makes me nervous that this is only temporary only taking it till June 18th.  Will it fix the problem or will the pain just return, that is just one burning question, more than likey its parnoid but strange pinches and pains are coming from around my liver and the pain I had leading up to get the breast checked.

Although it has been great to have the energy to actually be able to go work, have a productive day and still have the energy to do a little shopping.  You just don't understand that for almost a year I barely had the energy to make it to work for a full day, let alone even attempt to do anything after.  A trip to the doctor was exhausting, I literally had to take the whole day off and couldn't take my usual early appts cause I couldn't sleep.  I still have to reschedule to appointments, missed my phone interview for a heredity study and have have two other appts I need to make.  Next week I will get my sleep study done.

Looking at the calender I am more than likely going to take the week of my birthday off, I have to double check with the boys before I put it in the leave system for approval.  In the past I usually didn't take much time off in summer except for 4 day weekends becasue I usually take most of December off.  Health wise that is not feasiable any more I need to recharge and get my body into a system a structured scheudle.  Thank-fully for the first time in a long time the soccer team has practice the same time every day, thank god.  Becasues M, W, F afternoon practice and T, Th before the sun rise practice sends Heidi body into a tail spin. 

From what I read it is important with Sjogren's in having a set schedule so the body get enough rest.  Slowly working my way back into a rhythm  The fog is slowly clearing, focus is getting a little better, still need lots of post notes and reminders, thank-full with the new work phone the calender is now in my pocket and alerts instead of alerting my from the desk top at home or the laptop at work.

The biggest thing is the pain in my fingers and now toes on my left hand side, the predisone has eliminated the inflammation but there is still pain.  It is frustrating not being able to open bags, pain when opening a freaking locker, ugh.  I like working with my hands building and designing different scales, HO, Playscale (barbie, monster high, Gi Joe, Dragon, DID, fashion royalt 1:6), 1:12 (dollhouse) and 1:8 (gi joe), I also like to write stores both long hand and on a computer.  I have note book full of stories and have decided to use my Playscale toys.  Yes my playroom well lets be honest my level of the apartment will make everyone's kids jealousy.  I love toys, to use my imagination to find interesting uses to items I see in stores or scraps from a junk yard.  I remember a project in art class in high school where we did sculptures by use random objects.  I decided to check the sand hole (neighbor hood dump) I found an old head light from a truck from the 40's, but that wasn't what I saw, It was a missile silo baby.  I found a couple more objects buried in the woods around my house.  I have a picture somewhere I will did it out and post later.  I remember it was auctioned at school and I got $100 from that thing.  It makes me wonder what if's, if I had choose to go to the various art schools I had been accepted to, though there was no way my mom would let me considering one was in New Orleans, another in Boston and the third in New York.

Now if I can get rid of the mouth sores on the roof of my mouth and the corner of my mouth everything would be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment