Thursday, August 1, 2013

Waiting Game....



We are now waiting for the results of the CT Scan to determine if we will be treating my cancer or my Sjogren’s with some new medicine combo.  The goal has been since Summer 2010 when the doctor’s finally figured out the problem an autoimmune disorder we have been trying to get it under control.  For a while it was under control until Dec 2011 when it flared up the first of the year I was smacked with walking pneumonia.  Ever since then my immune system has been in over drive given my body a beaten since then more and more drugs have been added.  Now we are looking at only one being dropped and like five being added if the cancer isn’t back.  The question is how many more side effects from drugs will there be. 

Physically and mentally my body is totally exhausted, as my sister stated today I am always tired and sore.   The pain and exhaustion during the busy part of the year, zaps all my energy, it becomes a task getting out of the car good day not that bad, on a bad day literally have to pull myself up by the door and slowly make it to the front door.  Make some food and get a late night snack so I don’t have to go back up the stairs.  I sit down in the lazy boy with Mr. Turtle depending on the day the pain gets under control if not have to take another pill before slowly climbing in bed.   Before I would take weekend vacations visiting family at the beach or the river but I haven’t been able to do that for almost 2 years.  The drive itself is exhausting leaving no time really to do anything, then I need 2 days off to recovery from it..lol  Mostly I have been using the weekend to make up for the lack of sleep during the week, 24 to 36 hours of sleep on the weekend and sleeping in on Monday.   The pain has also increase which means an increase in meds that has the side effect of sleepiness.  No pain means being drowsy and possibly taking naps, my sister said she doesn’t know how I do it, wait till she reads all the possibly side effects on the bottle…lol

Mentally it takes me longer to do simple things that before was easy, distraction and literally forgetting what I am doing in the middle of doing it…lol……….Having days where you don’t have the strength or dexterity to open a bottle of steak sauce, having the ridges in the cap send pain signals thru out your body, unable to use the can opener (the one your sister bought because it had a bigger handle meaning less of a struggle to use).   Also get nauseated and eyes start to get blurry after 20 minutes looking at the screen, which is why it took all day to type this. 

Tomorrow I have to schedule more appointments and a few more test.  The big and painful one is a nerve test; it is highly likely the Sjogren’s is attacking my nerves.  The Neurologist, Rheumatologist and Digestive/Nutrition, all mention the possibility of nerve involvement.   Digestion thinks there might be some miscommunication or misfire to the stomach, the Rheum and Neurologist think the tingling and numbness at night is the nerves getting attacked.

No comments:

Post a Comment