Monday, June 17, 2013

Stupid Sjogren's



Not sure what is going on have to talk the Rheumatologist in the morning to see if I have to come in on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week.  My entire right ribcage is sore if feels like all the organs want to bust out of the cage.  The joint pain is gone crazy, weird little knots the first was on my hand on Friday the knot is there the redness turned to brown, then last 2 other red spots form one on the forearm and one on the inside of the elbow, both with the same little knot at the center of a red spot.  Pain up my arm from my trigger finger and go figure the path it follows is where these stupid little knots are.   

Before I started taken the Prednisone my platelets were in the toilet and my white blood count was also low.  Wondering if it is some kind of infection, since the right side is all in up roar with pain and heaviness and I had that twice before and no good news came from those.  The first incident on the left side came from a fistula which turned into an infection requiring an emergency surgery and home same day, the 2nd time I was on Chemo therefore I pissed a lot of people off in the emergency room at UNC as I was put in front of everyone than admitted to the hospital put on IV antibiotics and then had surgery that was a 2 day stay, this time there is no boil or fissure to be seen. 

Pain meds are not during a damn thing not sure if it’s the liver, kidney or gall bladder that is throwing a fit or if it is all of them damn shit hurts just from inhaling and exhaling.  My ONC doesn’t think its cancer she is thinking Sjogren’s, I think it might be both although I have been wrong in the past.  The prednisone has had some good results I can now regulate my body temperature and actually sweet which reduces in the middle night trips to the bathroom that allow me to sleep.  It also got rid of the aches and most of the fatigue but it did nothing for the reason why we started the RA attacking my hands.  The knees, lower leg have decided to also join the party starting on Sunday first with Left and today the right. 

As each week passes the hands have gotten worse before it was one finger on the left now it is three and not to be out done the right side is joining in starting with the same finger as the last side the trigger finger.  Hand swell no matter what is done some days the swelling will vanish for a few but come back with a vengeance. Ugh tired of going to the damn hospital

No comments:

Post a Comment