Friday, February 10, 2017

CT Results are a Mixed Review more Tests Coming......

Side Effects Mounting Old and New

We are still at a point of more questions than answers for 2 different systems…my lungs and my digestive system…….

Lungs


My last 2 CT Scans had some concerning issues on them I didn’t want to talk about them until after the 2nd scan.  The scan showed a nodule in my left main Bronchus which was flagged in my 1st scan and the Radiologist recommended another scan in 3 months which I had this past week to see if the nodule was still there and it was.

The next step is a consultation with a Dr. Riveria (Pulmonary) and a possible bronchoscope may be in my future.

Digestive System

Many may not know but in the Summer of 2003 I had emergency surgery to fix what I had thought was just a blister on my ass from my bicycle in fact it was a Anal Fissure that was infected and had spread to my blood stream.  This Anal Fissure had plagued me all the way up to my Breast Cancer dx, 3 of my dozen surgeries had to do with my ass included a 2nd oh shit it’s in my blood stream again and I have no immune system because I am on Chemo.

At the same time I was having issues of bloating, gas, reflux and abdominal pain which didn’t seem to raise any alarm with the GI doctor’s.  I had 2 one for the top of the digestive system and 1 for the bottom.  I had a scope put down my throat to my stomach and the only thing found was a hiatal hernia which was causing GERD.  I was put on Nexium to control the GERD which seemed to help with my digestive system but it didn’t fix everything.   I eliminated many things from my diet which seemed to help the digestive issue, but I was still getting periodic severe abdominal pain.   I have had ever scan one can think of including an ultra sound and they found nothing so I was like screw it I would just deal with that was 2013.

Fast forward too now I noticed this past year that abdominal pain was getting more frequent and seemed to be in tow with flares of inflammation caused my Sjogren’s.   Well what do you know finally proof on my scans the following was seen per Radiologist:  “Diminutive pancreas with diminished arterial enhancement, this appearance suggests chronic pancreatitis, possibly auto-immune since she has Sjogren’s”

So my oncologist told me whoever I saw first her or my Rheum doctor a Lipase test needed to be done to test the enzymes my Pancreas was making.  Well I saw my Onc first so she had the test down and I just got the result today it was below the normal range and I discovered that my Lipase was tested before and had been below normal as well so it has steadily been declining.

Discovering that the Lipase test had been done before and the fact I found other things I didn’t know about I stared to look at all my other tests going back to 2008 not all of them are online but the majority are and I discovered that there where clues to my digestive issues but they were missed seeing that fighting my Breast Cancer was more important.   Looking at my history I think all of it is caused by the Sjogren’s. 

Some of what I discovered so far
1. Thickened terminal ileum which may be inflammatory
2. Diverticulosis

The first one comes and goes on my scans, which makes me wonder if it’s the Sjogren’s since the flares aka inflammation attacks comes and goes. 

I have been looking up what low lipase could mean and low and behold exactly what I thought was going on that I haven’t been properly digesting food.   I am not going any to any details till I see the doctor’s 
I am still combing through all my records making notes for my various Doctor Appointments which I will see in the following weeks/months in order

Dermatology
Rheumatology
Pulmonary
Gastroenterologist
Vein Doctors
Rheumatology
Oncology

I also may have another eye doctor's appointment I just went this month and they put some new tear duct plugs, a new design that are suppose to be like dissolvable stitches.  Yea I new I should have said hell no cause my eyes are PISSED really PISSED.  They have been painful, burning even more light sensitive. Last time I had tear duct plugs led me to have a scratched cornea and an eye infection. 

The issue with my Pancreas may be the key to why I have swelling of my legs, varicose veins and other items that have been adversely affecting me the last couple of years.  


No comments:

Post a Comment