Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Apoclypse ready? Maybe a trip to the Amazon or Congo

I decided to google my latest prescription provided to me by my lovely eye doctor, the drug is Minocyline and the list of things it has treated gave me a little chuckle.   Here is the list from Wikipedia:
A list of indications for which minocycline has been used include;
·         Amoebic dysentery
·         Anthrax
·         Bubonic plague
·         Cholera
·         Ehrlichiosis
·         Gonorrhea (when penicillin cannot be given)
·         Gougerot-Carteaud syndrome (confluent and reticulated papillomatosis)
·         Hidradenitis suppurativa
·         HIV—for use as an adjuvant to HAART[15]
·         Periodontal disease
·         Perioral dermatitis[16]
·         Respiratory infections such as pneumonia
·         Rocky Mountain spotted fever
·         Rosacea
·         Syphilis (when penicillin cannot be given)
·         Urinary tract infections, rectal infections, and infections of the cervix caused by certain microbes



By looking at the list I believe I am prepared for the apocalypse, I am already taking the drug used to treat Malaria so I am good to roam around tropical jungles in the Congo or the Amazon.  Now I am taking another drug that will ensure in the event of Plague or Anthrax attack I will be one of survivors.

Apparently now I just need to build me a bunker, bury some gold, stock pile some guns, bows, bullets and ammo and get some crates of water and MRE's.  LOLl

No comments:

Post a Comment