Thursday, April 17, 2014

Long day at Hospital Neurology Department

Had no idea it was going to take as long as it did, my appointment was at 1230 for a Electromyogram (EMG) and Nerve Conduction Study  but I didn't get called back till  1pm.  I new something was up when he took the results and stepped back saying the big Dog wanted more, shortly after another Doctor comes and I quickly learn he is the Ultra Sound dude and then a 3rd doctor comes in she was in charge of noting all the findings on some sheet of paper and this being a teaching hospital the Ultra Sound dude was pointing out things and asking her questions as they noted all the issues seen.   Apparently I have a cyst dude was like did you know........um no sorry doc but my X-ray vision is on the fritz.  The took pictures of the cyst measuring getting a profile view and then mentioned some other test to the girl doctor that I am guessing I will be getting later.

I haven't officially be giving a diagnosis yet, still have to wait for the rest of my medical team to review all the tests and imaging.  But from what I gathered Carpal Tendon Syndrome in both hands which wasn't a shock since I was dx at 16 with Carpal tendon due to an injury on the Clock with Wal-Mart (Workers Comp) that is how I made my escape to the sales floor.  There is muscle damage to what extent I don't now on the left arm since he  made a comment it had the worse readings from the nerve test. Some sensory loss, peripheral damage (which I had already guessed) from the chemo.  My legs apparently didn't show any damage to muscle since they didn't due a nerve to muscle test on them.  Every-time I thought I was done the Big Dog wanted even more test on my hand, apparently they were checking my clutching reflex kept buzzing in my palm, and apparently my nerves were not cooperating.  He made a comment that all my doctor's say your unique, apparently it is very hard to let alone find but to shock my nerves...lol

When they finally said I could get dress and go you didn't have to tell me twice in record speed I was dressed and out the door at 5pm.  Great 5 o'clock traffic in the Triangle took an hour from the hospital to 40, with a quick stop to a soda and chips since the radio done told me traffic was at a stand still from exit 274 to 276 and I would be entering freeway at exit 273.   Apparently during this time I missed to calls from UNC, apparently I did get out of the in time...lol... They didn't leave a message so I am not sure which department it was and they didn't leave a message so not sure what to think, but in the past isn't always Rosy when they don't leave a message.

My Rheumatologist told me if I hadn't heard from him with 2 weeks from the time I had the study to give him a call so it could be a while.  This cyst I feel may be a big pain in the ass since a Cyst in my butt muscle has sent me to the ER 3 times, where I was admitted and rolled straight into surgery and filled with antibiotics.   And Basically with that one due to its location there isn't any way to fix it, besides draining it, and antibiotics.

These trips to Raleigh/Chapel Hill has been very unkind to my sinus so it looks like next month I will need to visit an ENT when I have money so I can get antibiotics.  I also got to make an appointment with dermatology to check my skin and issues I have been having and see if there is any other lotions that will help.  Then a call to Walgreen's to see how much money I need from my lotion which I can almost guarantee $100 or more with insurance and coupon so that one will have to wait till payday too.  I should have enough to pick up my Chemo pills.   Ugh still have a lot of medical and disability paperwork to fill out, the problem is remembering to do it and energy and concentration required to finish said paperwork.

Fatigue wise I thought it was pretty much under-control....loll my ass I have basically sleep  the last week away getting up to eat, drink, pee, watch a little TV/Computer and back to sleep.  The multiple appointments last week played a little into it but it was already building.  My body basically fells worse than it has ever all the muscles feel strained and beaten ache like I just ran the Boston Marathon, my joints inflamed and throbbing, veins bulging on my left temple, sharp pain behind the left eye, pain behind the ear, sinus draining down back of  my throat, strange numb feeling in cheek sinus cavity, along with the nose that loves to bleed, whole body weakness, muscles feeling like the are burning just like the eyes.  And if that wasn't enough the hoarseness and burning sensation of the throat (different burning than that felt my acid reflux which I take nexium for)  All these things means no sleep for me, even if I manage to turn off or tone down my imagination and brain laying in bed, even relaxing the body the aching, burning and pain leads to some rest but no sleep past REM.  I have realized that no matter what time I  have an appointment the next day I can never seem to sleep.

I will definitely have to start a calendar and have family/friends go with me to , I would write more but my eyes have said no as they are starting to blur, white screens and light not good for em.

No comments:

Post a Comment